Friday, March 18, 2011

Scatterbrained

Hi Friends!
I'm warning you– this is a scattered post, full of bits and pieces of what's been going on...

It finally feels like Spring Break with the beautiful weather we have been having in Cambridge. We had one day of torrential downpour, and since then it's been sunny and breezy. So beautiful. Training is going well, and I'm loving rowing more than ever.


On Wednesday, the rainiest of days, my friend KVF and I went to a small bead store in Harvard Square. It was a great rainy day activity– we got to pick out the bead, chains, and string that we wanted to use, pay for it, and then sit in the store and use their tools to make our jewelry for FREE. I made two things, but this one is my favourite (They're rose gold!)


I used to make jewelry a lot when I was younger, but I stopped wearing it as much. I'm trying to get back into it! If you read my earlier post about jewelmint.com, then hopefully you have checked it out and seen some of the amazing pieces that they have. If you refer jewelmint to a friend, and they buy something, you get one free piece of jewelry! So far, I have been able to add 2 things to my jewelry box. This is my most recent addition:

"Bermuda Earrings"

As for my Spring Break to-do list, I am making progress! I went to the fabric store yesterday and FINALLY found bowtie clasps (the hardest things to find!) and also got some ribbon for the black backless dress I am making. I've made about half of the dress :) I plan on finishing the rest of it tonight as I watch Sleepless in Seattle too! It's funny how I feel so productive doing things that I want to do, and probably would be doing anyways...

Right now, I'm off to grab lunch, and maybe make THESE with the leftover cream cheese that I have! nomnomnom...

No comments:

Post a Comment