Tuesday, March 29, 2011

fancy flours

I've been baking a lot recently, and I'm really enjoying it. Baked treats make great gifts, and obviously they're super yummy. There are also a ton of amazing cooking and baking blogs and websites, and there is a lot more aesthetic creativity being injected into baked goods.
Yummy things + pretty things = my life.
Here are some things that I want to bake this Spring for whatever occasion I can find :)

I love buntings, and the fact that they are incorporated into this cake is incredible. I also love the pastel coloured layers of this cake– they're fun for Spring I think.
Source: Sweet Designs


French toast kabobs?!? Amazing, and super easy to make. This might be a fun post-practice treat for my teammates. I'm definitely making these.
Source: You are my fave parties with the best of them


I'm actually going to bake these with some friends for our house formal, and while I'm certain they won't look as professional and amazing as the above, I'm excited to see how they turn out!!
Source: pinterest


This website, Fancy flours, is an amazing place to find baking accents, molds, and embellishments. A warning though– some of it is a bit pricey, so pick a special occasion before you buy something! Here are some of my favourite things from the site:
Frilly baking cups! Perfect for a birthday party, or something girly like that.

Of course I would pick the cups with bows on them...

I love the color combo on this baking cup! It would look great with white frosting :)

1 comment:

  1. Liz,

    Thank you so much for the kind words about Fancy Flours product. We really appreciate the news that you sent out to your readers. Please do check out our facebook or twitter if you have not already - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fancy-Flours/117278441683586 and you can find our twitter by following @fancyflours - Either way, when we reach 1500 fans we plan on releasing a FB exclusive that may help you afford more school books or classes.

    Once again, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete