Friday, June 17, 2011

Hippie Lace

As summer is coming into full swing, I've started to realize that the summer bottoms in my wardrobe are lacking. I'll admit that I have a lot of dresses, but not too many skirts or shorts that don't belong in a nightclub. I don't really want to go out and buy a million new skirts and shorts, so I was really excited to find Hippie Lace, a blogger who seems to find the most versatile bottoms out there (ones that also aren't super boring). She came up with a great DIY idea to fix up some old cutoff jean shorts (which, if you don't have, you can always make from a pair of old jeans!) It seems like a lot of people have started trying their DIY in their own style, but I really like the zig-zag eyelet she used in her version.

I also really like the asymmetrical bottoms of the denim on these ones, from Hakunamatata

I'm sure I have an old pair of jeans somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment